Thursday 13 October 2016

Stealth bomber!

I decided I wanted to paint one of my favourites from X-Wing, the mighty K-Wing!


For a while I'd thought that I quite fancy a peculiar mat & gloss kind of look, so after a quick spray of black primer I just needed to paint some details in so that I didn't come across as utterly lazy.

I even stretched to painting the ordinance on the underside of the main wings and weathering the landing skids.
Will anyone ever see the underside?
You can see some of the mat/gloss variation here as well as the GW gemstone paint used on the cockpit canopies.
Red for left (port) and green for right (starboard.)
I thought I'd be brave and try out the glow effect that I've seen several other people doing recently on plasma weapons and such like. I'm quite happy with the results, but think maybe an additional layer of colour change in it will look better next time.
My first attempt at ,"plasma glow".

This is the second of my three K-Wings now custom painted, gotta decide on a scheme for the third one.

No comments:

Post a Comment